Friday, May 9, 2008

Yeayuh!

*does money dance*

The US Government came through for me today and gave me my much anticipated stimulus package. That sounds so dirty, right? Well, it is.

It's all rather weird that this $ just pops up in my bank account and it is my job as a tax payer to spend it in an effort to stimulate our down trodden economy... and you know what? I will. I'm going to buy myself a plane ticket and some clothes I don't need. The truth of the matter is, I have put a little toward debt (because I would feel guilty if I did not) but the cost of the plane ticket I will be buying is so much (because of gas prices? and? and?) and the dollar is just the weakest of little men right now (see blog: buying shoes from London) that this stimulus aint very stimulating.

But, who am I to complain?
Nope.
nada.
Show me da money.

I have a concert tonight.
If you love choral music (and I am 100 percent certain that you all do) you should come by.

Silence And Music

"Our season finale features unaccompanied sacred music by outstanding American composers including William Ferris, Paul Nicholson, George Rochberg and the world premiere of Egon Cohen's Stabat Mater."
Mount Caramel Church
708 West Belmont Avenue
8pm

I have to say that some of this music is really stunning. I mean, I think choirs are boring in general, but I think that if you feel like being patient you might really enjoy this.

This weekend is a busy one.
No rest for the wicked.

Oh, and I have registered for my classes. I am over the fact that my life will be the same for two more years because, well, my life is pretty good and I can just deal with that. I will also be taking a short class this summer... provided the instructor allows me to overenroll because now it is full.

I will beg.

Bon weekend, dear friends.

No comments: