Friday, February 29, 2008

So, I've decided...

It is a uh-noy-ing when people go on and on about how busy they are... because it is not like anyone really cares, ya know? And, I am one of those people. I always tell people about how I'm doing this and that and this and that and the other thing and I don't think they care so much. I was thinking last night that probably the reason I tend to go on these rants is not necessarily to receive sympathy for my self-imposed overextendedness, but rather to just communicate that I have a few reasons for not being a better friend, son, brother, etc. So my motivations are not to just get a good 'ole "poor me!" in all the time, but rather to tell each every person that I'd like to be able to give you more time and energy and in an ideal world I would.

That is all for that.

I had a blast last night.
I scurried home after work to do some much needed cleaning and teach a voice lesson. After the lesson, I finally mopped some floors (which have been haunting me for quite some time)(oh, and this isn't the fun part yet)and scoured my bathroom. Once the 9 o'clock hour had arrived I caught a taxi down to Ukrainian Village to meet with Peter and catch Hey Willpower. We got there about 9:30 and the doors weren't open yet so we spent some time next door at a new place called Relax and have a few drinks. After giving Sonoteque adequate time to fill up with joined a few hipsters to hear the band. This turned into a long night of unabashed dancing. The kind of dancing I haven't done in such a long time and the kind I need to do periodically just to remind myself what it feels like to move in that way. It was unexpected and awesome.

In other news, half of my mouth is currently numb and I insist upon trying to drink coffee because making it through an entire morning without it would be too much. My dentist and I hadn't seen each other since December (a long time for the two of us) so he asked me what I was doing and I told him I had started school. He asked about the class I was taking and I explained that it was a non-profit management class. He looked at me befuddled and responded "uh, yea... I don't even know anything about that... it is not even in my realm of thought... I mean not even something I care about or want to know about." My response? "um, ok." Haha! Isn't that an incredibly strange thing to say to someone? I get his sentiment, but to essentially respond to someone by saying "I don't care about that." struck me as an odd conversational tool. Regardless, it turns out he is leaving his practice and so since we have a checkered past I think it is best that I leave him and find someone else to work on these not-so-pearly whites.

"I can have another you in a minute, matter fact he'll be here in a minute."

Thanks, B.

No comments: