Friday, February 27, 2009

That

I don't know what it is about today, but I woke up this morning feeling so incredibly over February in Chicago. Maybe it has to do with the fact that we had flash floods yesterday and now this morning everything was covered in a light dusting of snow? I also felt less excited about my bicycle purchase after learning that the high temperature today would only be 30 degrees. I have to think that any proper Chicagoan will find a way to leave Chicago for a bit of February. It is a terrible month and although I have found ways to try and remedy the situation, I think the only true solution is to getthehelloutta here and be reminded what a warm day feels like.

But, unfortunately, I am a student and committed both fiscally and with time to being such, so my obligations are here. This doesn't really allow me to take off right now... and when you work full time, Spring break doesn't have the same weight as it would when your role was/is just student. So, I'm just going to have to suck it up and deal, Midwestern style.

Last night I had dinner with Ryan at Pick Me Up and then watched Thursday night television. You know, a part of me wonders if 30 Rock is really that funny of a TV show or maybe there is just nothing else on TV that is funny these days. I can't really think of any truly funny shows and I although 30 Rock is one of my favorites sometimes I think I'm not really laughing at it while it happens but rather when I reenact it with coworkers after the fact. Ive always thought this about SNL as well. Never really funny to me when it is happening, but great for water cooler discussion.

This weekend will be the last of my un obligated weekends for quite sometime. The truth of the matter is that isn't even quite true, because I will be doing some writing for my class.. but I've taken a personal day on Monday to combat the winter blues and lessen the blow that is school work.

No comments: