Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend Recap

This weekend was pretty much consumed by the Pitchfork Music Festival, which is a good thing because now that I've returned to work I've found the carpets in the hallways torn up and dust flying in the air. I ask myself, "why are we here?" So, I close the door and pretend I'm not.

The weekend was delightful and lovely. It rained every day, yet I never got wet. It is amazing that I could spend nearly 10 hours each day at the festival, and it rained Friday, Saturday and Sunday, yet it never rained when I was at the festival. The weather was generally muggy, but manageable and with good friends to spend time with as well as thousands of fashionably sweaty folk to look at it was and entertaining event. Oh! And the music! Yes, the music was fantastic. Friday and Saturday were my favorite days with highlights being Public Enemy and Animal Collective. As Jessica said, in the context of Public Enemy Flava Flav totally made sense and was incredibly impressive. Animal Collective really brought the best show, with a light installation that I just kept saying "wow!" to.





















This week will be a challenge.
We're passing mid summer and I'm feeling it.

No comments: