Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I ate this on Monday.



And, it was awesome.

I also learned how to make eggs in a basket. I know it is a simple task, but let's face it... I'm a bit simple. So now I shall eat them every morning for breakfast. Well, maybe not every morning but if you come over I will surely show you how I can make them.



Also, I have a bit of a musical confession that relates to food, sort of. See, yesterday I walked myself over to Strack and Van Til with my canvas bags (which I have been doing a great job of using btw)and I got a little shopping cart and I proceeded to make my way through the grocery buying produce and such. As I began to go down the aisle with canned goods (in search of refried beans) I heard over the speakers a familiar voice and tune that immediately transported me back to my bedroom in 1991. It went something like this:









And really, I should be totally embarrassed to tell you that because well, it is Amy Grant and I was a little boy rockin' out to her... but let me explain. I grew up very conservatively and for a good portion of my early childhood I wasn't allowed to listen to "secular" music or the radio really which in all honesty, I don't regret a whole lot because I think the reason I got involved with opera has something to do with that... but regardless, I didn't listen to much and what I did end up listening to was usually "Christian." So! When Amy Grant came out with a pop tape, it was amazing because my parents only knew her as a "Christian" artist and so I bought the tape and they approved. I memorized every lyric. But who could possibly forget such classics as...









This is my excuse for walking around Strack and Van Til with my canvas totes, shopping cart, and produce singing quite loudly every lyric to Amy Grant's "Baby Baby". I imagine this would fall into the "Aren't you embarrassed by that?" category, and yes, sure, I'm embarrassed but I figure life is too short to be embarrassed for too long.

Confession complete.

1 comment:

MC said...

We truly are the same person.

By the way, I love that you say you grew up conservatively--like you were cautious in your growth :)