Friday, March 14, 2008

ok!

I just got off the phone with Verizon, because I went to pay my bill and realized that my phone bill is nearly $100. The thing I also realized is that because I live in Illinois and Chicago I pay about $12 in taxes each month. $12! That is a lot of money for extra taxes on my cell phone. Anyway, I had 900 minutes and it turns out for the last few months I have not used more than 350 minutes, so even though the next step down (450 minutes) seems problematic, I'm going to go for it because it will cost me 30 less dollars a month. JUST FYI!

I think this brings me to a greater issue in that, as I get older I like to talk on the phone less and less. I think many of my friends know this about me, but it is hard for me to get into phone talking mode because inevitably I get distracted and then I am not giving my full attention and then when I am done with the conversation I feel bad about that. This is actually the worst with my parents because phone is the primary way communicate and I used to be very good about it, but lately I can rarely muster up the energy and when I do I am not a good conversationalist. I don't know what this all means exactly, but just some sort of shift in the way I'm livin' these days. I'd rather have the in person time, or I can send a nice email when I am wasting time at work.

Yesterday was a truly beautiful day. The first real day of spring, I will claim. In the 50's and sunny and in true midwestern fashion people were running around with shorts on etc. It definitely gave me the itch to get back on my bicycle even though I haven't done so since my accident in the fall. I'm curious to see what sort of nerves will come into play.

I feel so disinterested in this political sex scandal going on, and it is invading every news source I frequent. I love also how the hooker's myspace picture has come into play. I'm over it. Move on. get him out of office and move on.

Yesterday I read three different times on three different blogs about a band called Alopecia, which is a funny name for a band, but I thought to myself that if people were mentioning them in these different places then they must be a new hype band and so I downloaded.
meh.
Maybe I need to spend some more time with my hairless friends, but I wasn't that into it.
I'm on a quest to find something good and interesting. I think I will dedicate some time today to that.

Maybe if I were at sxsw like Jessica, I would be learning more.
Actually, nevermind... I just realized that we live in the future and now I can watch videos from the festival and I remembered Grand Ole Party. I just found this video of them from sxsw.


Grand Ole Party at the Levi's®/FADER Fort from The FADER on Vimeo.

A happy weekend to you.

No comments: