Thursday, January 22, 2009

"xyz"

I'm feeling particularly out of sorts today and I can't quite pinpoint why. It might just be late January blahs, which worries me because the February blahs can only be worse. But, I do my best to remain optimistic as today the sun is shining and truly I don't have much to complain about.

The thing about me is that when I get this way, I start cleaning and making lists. This is how I how I cope because then I at least feel like I am working toward something productive... which I've come more and more to realize that productivity is where I find value. Even in simple productivity, but the notion that at the end of the day I can say I accomplished "xyz," well that is big to me.

So, yesterday I took the time to clean the office, wiping down the desks and tossing any extra papers lying around. This morning I have made a list of both work and personal tasks that I want to accomplish. I plan to cross most out before the day is done.

Also, I got this camera in the mail yesterday:



Which, I'm pretty excited about. I used to have one similar, but it got sand in the lens and wont seem to return to normal. It seems as though most of my cameras are broken and my picture taken has come nearly to a halt, so I thought it was necessary to at least get a point and shoot that will sit in my pocket and be ready for the moment when inspiration hits. I'll just keep waiting.

No comments: