Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Roland, Roland, Roland

I don't know whether to feel sad for or embarrassed by Roland Burris attempt to take the seat as Illinois Jr. Senator yesterday, only to be turned away at the door. I mean, I just can't help but think "What kind of fool puts himself in this situation?" and to what end? Certainly being appointed Senator by an Illinois Governor embroiled a scandal that almost even scandalizes Illinois politicians would come tainted. So, why go there? Why show up at the door when you know you'll be turned away? To what end?

UPDATE: The AP is reporting that Roland Burris will in fact get Barack Obama's senate seat. Dude, the political realm is a weird one. Well, right on Roland. Apparently you knew better than we did.

UPDATE2: Apparently there is no truth behind the AP Report. This is why I don't cover politics for a living. *hangs head*

I'm loving how on Facebook there are all sorts of New Years Eve pictures that keep popping up. None of them mine, mind you, but just in general I have been able to take a glimpse into the way in which many of my friends rang in the new year. What is amusing is that it just keeps coming. Today is January 7 and people keep uploading pictures and so every day is a little treat of voyeurism.

I made it to the gym last night only to find it crowded by the new years resolution crew and although I have absolutely been there and done that, I can't help but sneer at each and every one who is taking up a machine I might use or floor space I might want to crunch on. The only consolation is that they will all be gone within a few weeks.

Honestly, I'm really struggling to get my butt back into gear this week. I can't help but wish I still had the freedom of vacation.

So, finally, I received notice that this nice woman was going to post about me on her blog. Check it out if you have a chance:

Grayson: a different shade of grey

All her words are very kind, but the truth of the matter is it actually just makes me more frustrated with myself for not taking pictures lately. I need to get to the bottom of that.

No comments: