Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Because I have a minute

Our network is currently down here at work, so I thought I'd take this moment to do a quick catch up on the things that I have not been able to catch up on.

This is the beginning of the school year, which means busy - ness for me at work as well as life. Things seem to be picking up in all areas, but the last few weeks have involved much of me just running back and forth and being at the mercy of whomever has a question to ask me... which is fine, really. I quite enjoy being able to answer questions, I just also enjoy a few moments of silence in between the chaos. The result of a busy work life is that I simply want to be at home afterwards and watch whatever bad tv I can find. I actually have had that luxury the last two nights, which is a great thing because tonight I begin my school process with my class for the quarter. It is a marketing course, geared toward non-profit organizations. I hope it will in turn make me more marketable as future employee of some non-profit organization who needs me.

I can't tell you that the thought of sitting in a classroom tonight after a day of work thrills me, but I am anxious to get back to working toward something. The summer seems to be about enjoyment while the fall, for me, is geared toward getting things done. I have to think this is somewhat a result in the fact that the weather begs to be combatted against (cold days and colder nights as well as early sunsets).

My parents have successfully moved out of their home (praise Jebus) and are currently residing in my brother's summer home in South Haven, Michigan. I have it in me that I should go visit them for a weekend as the house is right near the lake and I would like one more weekend of summer if I could... but who knows.

I'm so upset with politics right now I can't even write about it. I was thinking this morning as I listened to NPR that I found it all to be so irritating and how inevitably politics can be nothing other than political. I was also thinking how this coverage must be so tiresome for the voices that have to speak it... over and over and over. I can't wait until November, but I also feel a bit scared of it.

My allergies reign.

OK!

No comments: