Thursday, September 4, 2008

As they usually do

Hi all.

I am exhausted today. I have not slept properly since my return from Portland and I really haven't had the chance to simply rest, so I think it is catching up with me and my mood.

Today is a rainy day and I welcome it. It feels appropriate as I returned Monday to find 90 degree temps and frustrating humidity. Today feels gloomy, but ok and I have to think that fall is beginning to show its slower self. Shh, my dear. I know. *pats head*

I realized today that I didn't give a birthday shout out to my lovely Jessica as she celebrated on Tuesday. In fact, we celebrated as we went and had a lovely dinner at the Skylark down in Pilsen. It was good to be able to get together, chat, be with good folks. I was glad Jessica had a birthday simply for that reason. :)











So, I have yet to watch all of Sarah Palin's speech. I plan to do that before the day is over. I continue to read about it and I feel impressed by the overwhelming media coverage of it all, but I find myself asking for what reason? I have many more thoughts on this, but I am going to wait to put them in writing. In the meantime, I think some ecards will say it best for all of us (as they usually do.)







Oh, and ps. Mary and I had the idea for these cards first... we just don't have good follow through. Oh well!

Off to search for motivation.

2 comments:

LFo said...

I look taller than the birthday girl. I love standing on curbs.

MC said...

I still think we could make a fortune. I mean, who wouldn't buy a "Sorry you had to go to the DMV...again" card for their friends?