Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Long story Short

Oh, friends. I don't even quite know where to start.
I'm sure many of you know that my apartment was burgled on Monday. Again.

Long story short, I came home after a long day of work and then class to realized my apartment had been broken into and my television and computer were gone. I'm sure it was disappointing to the thieves that this was all I had of worth in the house. I had the boxes to both items in my front closet, so they must have packed them up and walked out the door with them.

The rest of the night was spent dealing with my crazy landlady and the police officers. Linsey was very kind and came over to keep me company amidst it all.

I took yesterday off to collect myself, spend some time mourning my losses and figure out how to replace that which I need. I feel quite bewildered by the whole situation. It is disappointing that this could happen again to me, and I mean, the stuff is just stuff, but the circumstances of it is frustrating.

But, in all honesty, I don't feel that sad about it. This has happened to me enough times now that I know things can be replaced and we move on. I'm in a very fortunate position right now, so in light of my misfortune I will still be just fine.

But, now once again I am back to thinking about moving.
I am so trapped by the fact that I have such a sweet deal with my apartment, but I suppose if one counted my losses from stolen goods, that would make no difference.
I don't know that I have time to move, honestly, but I think I must try my best to make it happen.

Aside from all of this, I must tell you that I am thrilled to be going to Blackbird tomorrow for Christina's birthday. I've always wanted to go. Then, to top that off, I get to attend an opening event on Friday for the new Modern Wing of the Art Institute. It helps to have friends in high places.

I'm sure tomorrow, my tone will be different.

1 comment:

Joseph Rynkiewicz said...

shit davin, that's awful about your apt. have you gotten yourself renter's insurance?

...and tell the modern wing i said hello and i'll see her soon.