Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Challenge

I got my hairs cut today.
Stopped in with Zoran and he did the thing.
I'm getting better at "shootin' the shit" with those guys.
I'm safe if I come in with recent movies I've seen or something from the news. It's also a good idea to talk about how nothing is really different than last time I was there.

I also made a quick trip downtown to turn in my CAAP grant revisions so I can get the money... within 6 to 8 weeks, only to be used by like 8 weeks later. This grant is a privilege but also seems to be a victim of the city's bureaucracy. After dropping off the packet I stopped into the Jamba Juice only to be surprised by a FREE drink! I guess they made the wrong drink for someone else, so offered it to me for free. Well, yes, of course I'll take it, even though it wasn't the one I wanted but I saved a good $4-5. Booyah.

I received word last night that my brother has also lost his job. Two of the four siblings have fallen prey to a poor economy, and the one other than me owns his own business. I believe my job is secure, but my thankfulness for it has grown strong.

Sometimes I get extremely frustrated by the ways in which life is challenging for many people. Today it seems heavy on my heart.

No comments: