Thursday, May 28, 2009

Comma Comma Comma

I'm having one of those "what's my motivation?" days.

Before I get too far into that, let me say that my mother's 73rd birthday is today.
She's awesome.
I don't know quite what to say about her that I haven't said.
But, if she knew how to surf the internet, she could read this and know that I love her and am happy to have her in my life.

But, since she wont ever read this let me get back to my self-pity.

The truth of the matter is, I'm a little lost right now.
I feel that I need to move, ya know, since the robbery and all and I am not on a lease, so I can move, whenever I want. (Like all those commas?) So that seems like a good thing, right? You can move whenever to wherever you like and so stop complaining? Yea, yea, I know but here's the thing. I can't really pay more than I pay now, and I have a pretty good deal so living alone doesn't seem much of an option unless I want to live in a studio with just me and my kind sized bed. This, although theoretically wonderful seeming, is not for me. I would like to live somewhere with a separate bedroom (imagine that!) So, then I'm left with the challenge of searching for a roommate because you can get a lot more bang for your buck with a roomie. In fact, I've found some incredible places that if I were to share with someone I would pay much less than I pay now.

But, finding this person is the challenge. I need to find someone who would be good to live with, wants to live in an area I would like to live in and wants to pay around what I would like to pay. This is a lot to line up with someone.

So, I've put some feelers out there (sounds dirty) and the response has been lack luster to say the least. Maybe I'm not a terribly appealing roommate? I don't know, but I feel this search may prove for naught.

I'm not on a lease. This can happen when it needs to. I'm trying to remain optimistic.

But then there is all this other stuff I need to do, like well, finish school for the year. But I can't seem to concentrate because I'm focused on the ways in which I feel uncomfortable in my home and need/want to move.

And really, what I should be working on is getting ready for my parents 50th wedding anniversary party. But I keep telling myself I should get my school work done first, but then I don't do my school work because I'm looking at apartments I can't afford to move into.

These are the things that are making me think more than I should.

In an effort to combat all of this, I'm thinking I need to see the new Star Trek movie because everyone who I know who has seen it has loved it, so I imagine since I do my best to like what everyone else likes, I will feel the same.

No comments: