Thursday, November 13, 2008

Sicky sick sick

Hi friends.

I've had a cold the last few days and haven't felt very able to do anything, mostly staying home except for my one venture out to do my final presentation in class yesterday. I've made it to work today, but I think I will head right back home in a little bit as I'm not much service to anyone in this state... and frankly, I think it is silly to put others at risk of getting sick.

I'm doing my best to get better because I have to sing in my home town on Saturday (thanks to Robin) for an "Otsego High School Alumni" concert of sorts. I don't know. I was originally hesitant, but now it has been in the news paper and I called my mother last night to tell her I was sick and her only response was "Well, you better get better because people are planning on you. Everyone at church came up to us and told us how excited they were." How does one respond to this? "Oh, ok. I'll get better right now, then." Grar.

So, I will just sleep as much as I can, I suppose.

In other quick familial news, I thought you may appreciate this little tidbit of a paragraph from an essay my niece wrote about her brother. It is entitled "The Hero of My Life":

"Keegan is the coolest brother/hero because he gives me advice and helps me with homework. Like I said in the last paragraph we talk a lot, so every time we talk he is usually giving me advice about something that is I need it. Sometimes he doesn’t give the best advice but it is usually very good advice. Like the time he told me to just go up to my old boyfriend and just say it’s over really loud and walk away and don’t look back. Can you imagine what would have happened if I did that? Just to let you know I didn’t do that. I broke the news to him nicely. If I need help on homework he’ll help. Just the other day/yesterday he helped me with my science homework. He basically gave me the answer but that not the point. My brother is an amazing person and is my hero because he gives me advice and helps me with my home work."

Amazing.

I think this is all I can muster for now.

Oh, and I've updated my website. http://www.thesearemypictures.com - take a look if you like.

No comments: