Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Whoa, Mr. Governor

Sooo, you know how the windy city isn't really called the windy city because of the wind? It's actually the politics? Well, it seems appropriate that for some reason today the fans are blowing so loudly in my office that I can barely hear myself think. For this, and everything else right now, I blame Rod Blagojevich.

Or, "Blowjobavich" as my coworker calls him. What a fool I say? And I suppose what irritates me most about his arrest has little to do with the specifics of what he has done as even in its most shocking form it doesn't shock most Illinois residents, but rather with the ways in which is tinges a beautiful period of possibility for the city of Chicago and the future of its politics. Lately, if one were to mention this city one could almost feel the glow coming from our hometown kid, President Elect Obama. They would probably then bring up the Olympic bid and give an opinion on that, whether it be good or bad I bet you they have one. And then, how about the fact that we had already put one other Governor in jail, two years ago because of his behavior and that seemed to send a message? maybe? but no. This man lives in some sort of state of delusion and I hope he is now surrounded with "no" people rather than the "yes" people that I'm sure have filled his ranks for the last 5 years.

I did a focus group last night. I still can't tell you what it was for, but possibly something to do with beer and text messaging? That seemed to be what the questions kept getting at, but it was never clear and somehow ended up feeling more like group therapy? Asking us why we do what we do over and over again. But, I walked away with some cash in my hand and I can't complain about that now, can I?

I'm wearing quite the purple sweater today.

1 comment:

LFo said...

photo of the purple sweater, please.