Thursday, June 4, 2009

20 Pages

Sorry to not blog much these days, but I find myself tweeting more and more. This seems like less of a commitment and I can say things as they come. For better or worse.

I did want to say that this morning I got up and pulled open my venetian blinds to my bedroom window only to have them snap in half and crash to the floor. Needless to say, that was the final straw with this whole moving thing.

I think I've found the right place. It is near where I live now and it is potentially a better situation. I feel torn about it because in many ways is it a move down with regards to space and some amenities, but overall it will be a much safer home. It also has wonderful light and little back porch that I will sip my coffee on in the morning. I think it is going to be alright. I also think I can talk them down a bit on the price. I'm working on my negotiating skills, but I fear I fail miserably. I'll give it a try.

So, I have this 20 page paper due next Wednesday and I have yet to begin it. I just keep talking about it. I've told everyone I know that I have 20 pages to write, but I don't write a thing. I just dread it. That is all I do. This is one of the ways in which I'm a horrible student. I think 20 pages is just terribly daunting and so I have resolved to force myself into a place where I just have no choice but to stay up all night and do it. The problem with that is that I'M NOT JUST A STUDENT. I can't just stay up all night, because well, I have to work. Finishing this degree will be a true test of my will.

I've just completed compiling the mixes for Tina's potluck prom that will be happening tomorrow night. She created the list, I just put the tunes together and it is a super 80's good time. I'm sure there will be prom pictures to show for it.

Off I go.

1 comment:

MC said...

I miss your blog. And you barely Tweet, so stop using that as an excuse.